Re: Low Averge Bug Counts

On Sat, Dec 08, 2001 at 03:55:19PM -0800, Grant Bowman wrote:
> * Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org> [011208 11:07]:
> > I think that we might do better to consider a user- and
> > developer-driven system, maybe more along the lines of the netfilter
> > scoreboard:
> >
> > http://netfilter.samba.org/scoreboard.html
>
> Wow, I hadn't seen this.  It looks very nice.  If anyone else has
> examples of similar systems, please post them.  I'll take a closer look.
>
> At first glance, it seems like a fairly involved system to implement for
> Debian.  This may be very good, but I was hoping to use whatever numbers
> we have now for a "holiday pat on the back."

How about the month's top bug-closers? That's easy to generate if you
have access to /org/bugs.debian.org/spool/index.db on master, as that
only stores open bugs and bugs with activity within the last month.
Providing that you can handle developers who close bugs from multiple
e-mail addresses, this is an interesting indication of people's recent
activity.

Nothing is completely representative, of course, but it doesn't
necessarily need to be.