Re: fhs transition update

On Thu, Aug 09, 2001 at 12:12:18PM +0200, Josip Rodin wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 08, 2001 at 12:48:31PM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
> > >  7. glimpse
> > >     Marco Budde <Budde@tu-harburg.de>
> > >
> > > Has a grave security bug files now for almost 1.5 years (/tmp races).
> > > Probably won't make it into woody anyway. Is the maintainer MIA?
> >
> > We currently need it for the lists archives, as far as I can remember.
>
> Yes, but if glimpse can't be fixed, it doesn't matter. lists-archives'
> dependency on it doesn't have to be Depends:.

Oh, OK. Having looked at it last night, it's probably fixable, but since
some of the problems are practically design flaws it's quite a big job
for a non-free package. Since the maintainer seems to be MIA, I'm more
than half inclined to suggest removing it from unstable.

> Jaako Niemi said he's going to get mnogosearch to work for list archives,
> anyway :)

It's the last non-free thing our servers rely on, isn't it? Cool. :)