Re: woody upgrade results

On Sat, 14 Jul 2001, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:

> Restarting the upgrade goes along quite well and then dies the second
> time trying to install gettext.  Seems either it calls an emacsen
> script too early or without proper flags.  Restarting the upgrade yet
> again fixes it and finally finishes.

If this is the same problem as one that was reported some time ago, it
may also happen when installing potato from scratch. There are two
possible solutions:

1. Make gettext to depend on emacsen (currently there is just a suggest).
   I think this is the wrong solution. I don't want to force gettext users
   to install emacs if they don't want.
2. Change /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install implementation.
   I've suggested this to the maintainer, don't know whether he considered it
   or not. There should be details about this in one of the bugs against
   emacs20 or emacsen-common.