Re: Testing problems

On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 01:29:49PM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
> Anthony Towns writes:
>  > On Wed, May 30, 2001 at 11:18:21AM +0100, Matthew Vernon wrote:
>  > >    A problem I'm commonly finding with testing (the distribution, not
>  > > the process) is that packages get moved into testing, whilst things
>  > > they have a versioned dependancy on are still in unstable.
>  > "commonly" ?
> Well, OK. The last two times I've upgraded my system this has
> happened. This time, logrotate, squid and tex were the important
> things that broke.

Hrm, I'm not sure I know what you're talking about then; I'm not aware of
any of those packages being broken.

(There was one day a few days ago when a whole bunch of packages
disappeared from testing, including libc6 for example, so new installs would've
broken because dependencies wouldn't've been available at all; a handful
(maybe twenty or thirty on each arch?) of packages got completely lost, and
got replaced by the version in unstable, possibly without their dependencies
being checked: netpbm and xemacs were particularly affected)

But I don't know of any problems with any of the above packages, beyond
that one day where packages just started going missing; and certainly none
that should've been noticable just by doing apt-get dist-upgrades.

Cheers,
aj