Re: more about /usr/share transition

On Wed, May 16, 2001 at 10:54:58AM +0200, Bas Zoetekouw wrote:
> Hi Martin!
>
> You wrote:
>
> > Here is a small stupid script to find packages owning a directory in
> > /usr/share/doc without its counterpart in /usr/doc :
>
> Lintian already checks for this.

Oh. Well. It's the second time in a few month that I rewrite a test which
already exists in lintian. This thing really rules.

> > It is impossible to do the same job by grepping the Contents-* files
> > because the policy says "The symlink must be created when the package is
> > installed; it cannot be contained in the package itself due to problems
> > with dpkg."
>
> When the daily lintian checks get online again (Josip?), those package
> swill be detected automatically.

What should be done to help theses checks to get online again ? May I help ?

> > What do you think about this all, guys ? Should I report critical bugs
> > against the above packages (the policy says "must") ?
>
> I think bugs about this issue have already been reported.

Well, if it's in lintian, ok. It will be easy to find them again and again.

But what about a dh_fhs part (or what ever) of debhelper which would add
these lines to the good scripts, and move /usr/doc files to there correct
location. I mean, would it be usefull, or is it overkill ?

Bye, Mt.