Re: Permission to request removal of abacus from the distribution

retitle 89715 Please remove abacus
reassign 89715 ftp.debian.org

* Marcelo E. Magallon <mmagallo@debian.org> [20010317 14:11]:
> I would like to request abacus to be removed from the distribution.
> The package is orphaned (#89715) and hasn't been maintained upstream
> for over three years now.  It has a "doesn't build from source" bug
> filed against it and it's functionality is much better server by
> gnumeric.
>  Objections?

No, let's remove it.

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> wanted to adopt the package but

I _did_ have a chance to look at this package, and personally I think
it's a pretty piece of useless code. It isn't anywhere near what I
expect in a spread sheet, and I don't expect much, as I rarely use
them. But I can't find any way to propogate field formats down rows or
accross columns, which, by itself, makes this a useless tool.
Otherwise, there are lots of tools.

Martin Michlmayr