Re: Crafty

On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 09:28:06AM +0000, Karl-Martin Skontorp wrote:
> On Wed, 21 Feb 2001, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Karl-Martin Skontorp wrote:
> > > Is the crafty package still orphaned and in need of a new maintainer? I
> > > will probably be updating the deb package for myself anyway, so if a new
> > > maintainer is needed I will be happy to apply for that position.
> >
> > To the best of my knowledge, it badly needs a maintainer.
>
> According to this:
>
> http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?archive=no&bug=73040
>
> crafty has been in adoption for about 150 days. I guess we can assume that is
> a dead end...

You can't assume anything. Last I checked Eric was looking for
someone to sponsor his upload.

http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors-0102/msg00233.html

which reminds me...

> So, I'm going to apply for maintainer status, but it looks like I need an
> advocate to verify my application. Any volunteers?

I would certainly welcome people to apply to the NM process, or to
help debian in any other way they like, if it benefits the project,
but maybe it's better to have some broader goals than just one
package..

$0.02

--
Brian Russo      <brusso@phys.hawaii.edu>