Re: RFC: Changing the NM system

On Sat, 16 Dec 2000, Christian Kurz wrote:

> Well, this would still mean that you either need a list of predfined
> criteria, which will be a bad thing and also create new problems. Or you
> need to depend on the NM-comittee and believe that they make the right
> decisions. I think this is a part of the current NM process that needs
> no change as it's working fine. Only a bit more sponsorship and a bit

The current system is: Only two people (the NM of the applicant and the
DAM) decide whether an applicant gets his account. That's different from a
NM-comittee with more people that makes a decision.

> more careful task&skill test would be helpful.

Yes, and the main point of my proposal is: An applicant doesn't get his
account before he had worked some months for Debian. This lets us judge on
his whole work (e.g. his knowledge about packaging, how he handles
bugs,...).

> Ciao
>      Christian

cu,