Trying to get 3c59x to work with two 3c900bs ...

according to Becker's suggestion to fix it, I needed to build his source
file, as the version he built worked fine with multiple 3c900bs.  I got
the 3c59x.o file built with the 2.2.17 kernel, whose sources I
downloaded in terms of .deb files (including the sources) from a debian
mirror.  I built the 3c59x.c from Donald Becker's netdrivers.tgz, but it
gets the following diagnostic messages from an attempt to insmod:

3c59x.o: unresolved symbol acpi_wake
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol acpi_set_pwr_state
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol pci_drv_unregister
3c59x.o: unresolved symbol
pci_drv_register

I've never had to accompany this driver with any other module before, so
presumably the version I've got isn't building right, either because it
doesn't work with my kernel, or I'm just leaving something out in my
novices attempt to hack the build.

Has anyone else seen this problem or especially seen a solution to it?
I really want to eventually stick in three 3c900b cards into this
machine, and my testing shows with this kernel from Debian it won't work
with two, but it will with one.  Just in case you didn't see my other
posting, Donald Becker sent me a response saying the 3c59x module I was
using (from the latest Debian install of the time, early last week) was
modified from the one he maintained, as his did not have this problem.
Presumably this should be considered a bug with the Debian install for
2.2.17 kernel, or whatever the install set is called.