Re: task & skills

* Adrian Bunk <bunk@fs.tum.de> [20001203 13:11]:
> Martin is only "an AM", but...

I forgot to mention one thing: I think I'm the AM who asks the _most_
questions about Philosophy & Procedures.  I think this area is in
particular important because then I see if the applicant fits into
Debian.  I do check their skills, and I point out errors, but when I
have the feeling that the applicant has the qualification and can
learn (and seeing from the P&P questions that he will fit it partly
shows me that he will accept the opinion of other Debian developer),
I'll accept him.

I put an applicant on hold because although he is a very good
programmer, he didn't know enough about Debian packages.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com