Re: Always notify before making an upload for Debian QA?

On Fri, Sep 15, 2000 at 02:32:06AM +0200, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> when I do an upload for Debian QA I do inform you before. I'm wondering if
> it's possible to agree that everyone who wants to upload a package for
> Debian QA sends a short note to this list before he starts working to
> avoid duplicate work.
>
> Could you agree to this or are there any reasons why this is a bad idea?

We would really need something more dynamic since mail is sometimes slow.
In university the mail servers are quite broken. One time I mailed -qa,
started to work and when I was done I got a new mail - the one I sent
an hour ago.

Perhaps we should revive the idea of an organization bot on irc which
knows what's going on and notices if somebody did not really do what he
promised to do (e.g. if a user says he is working on foo and the user
is not reporting after a day it marks the task as unassigned again or
something).

Thanks

	Torsten