Re: Bug #67746

> > please take a look at http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards_34.html#SEC34 in
> > the gnu coding standards.  I think such a utility is barely needed by debian
> > and maybe also other distributions.  _user_ _visible_ changes are _worth_
> > to be documented.
>
> That link points to an explanation about the NEWS file.  I'd say that
> the relase notes fill that role for Debian.  Somenone should probably
> get in touch with whoever maintains them (Josip Rodin <joy@debian.org>
> IIRC) and tell them about this.  It's far too late in the day to get a

Yes, you are right.  These changes should be documented in the release
notes but they should be also available for _not_yet_released_ distributions
because others might want to comment on them.  (There should also be
release notes for minor releases e.g. 2.1r3 to 2.1r4)

What can be done for people like me who want to report on such problems and
what can be done for maintainers who want to document such changes but
don't know how?

What has to be done to make such release notes a reality for every debian
package inlcuding snmp? - in my opinion this _is_ release critical but
there seem to be some maintainers who disagree with me.