Re: xfce Debian packages

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 08:47:29PM +0200, Ricardo Kustner wrote:
> > I see the upstream site has a link to some debs. Ricardo Kustner, how were
> > they made, i.e. is there a proper source package for them also available?
> > I heard there's a debian/ subdir in the original sources, and there's no
> > diff or dsc on http://rix.mine.nu/xfce/...?
>
> I always compile the packages with 'debian/rules binary' from the source
> tarball. I would love to see the current version in the debian tree but I
> guess It should be checked for correct paths and other debian rules but I
> haven't had the time yet to figure that out, plus i'm not an official
> debian maintaner ;) I haven't looked into how to create the diff's and
> dsc's yet either, so that's why they're not there...

Right. I've gotten the tarball and found that Paul Seelig has been
maintaining the package upstream for a few versions. Thanks, Paul :)

In the meantime, I've found out that Kevin gave away the package to Edward
Lang[1], so I'll be doing an upload to fix/update the package (the diff is
currently 28Kb :), and set the maintainer field to QA (i.e. orphaned), until
Ed does his own upload.

[1] http://www.educ.umu.se/~bjorn/mhonarc-files/debian-devel/msg01504.html