Re: Quality Assurance for Potato needed

Le Mon, Mar 06, 2000 at 01:01:01AM +0100, Martin Schulze écrivait:
>  . Are all dependencies and recommends fulfilled within every
>    respective priority fulfilled?

There are many & many problems for packages within optional & extra
priorities but for standard & higher, there isn't as much.

Some things that should be corrected (some by the ftpmaster who manages
overrides) :
- debconf should really be standard (many standard packages suggest it
  already)
- perl-5.004-* shouldn't be in "base" (oldlibs would be better), but this
  isn't really important.
- console-data should be required since console-tools depends on it
- some packages in standard still depends on libncurses4 instead of
  libncurses5 (emacs20 for example & all xemacs*, telnet, talk,
  sysutils)
- perl-5.005-base depends on libdb2 and I don't know why. But this means
  that libdb2 should be required (I guess the correct solution is to
  correct perl-5.005-base not to depend on libdb2, on my system it seems
  to need only /lib/libdb.so.3 from libc6)
- libstdc++2.10-dev should be standard since g++ (standard depends on it)
- lockfile-progs should be important since cron depends on it
- nfs-server should be lowered to optionnal since nfs-kernel-server
  (standard) conflict, replaces & provides nfs-server.

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd
      Formations Linux et logiciels libres : http://www.logidee.com </pub>