[thierry.laronde: util-linux (hwclock): bug #37036 reassigned to shellutils (date)]

Hi,

I have sent some control bugs messages, to close 3 bugs, and to reassign one
(the one attached). I have put, as comments, the explanations about the
decisions taken.

I thought that these mails will be put verbatim in the BTS. But is this the
case ? Do I have to sent another mail to the BTS just to explain what I have
done ?

TIA
--
Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com

# The submitter of the bug has observed the following :
#
# bash-2.02# hwclock --utc --set --date='Sun May  2 16:20:49 CEST 1999'
# bash-2.02# hwclock --utc --show
# Sun May  2 17:20:54 1999  -0.915558 seconds
#
# and Torsten Landschoff added the following remark :
# torsten@pulsar:~ $ date -d 'Sun May  2 16:20:49 CEST 1999'
# Sun May  2 17:20:49 CEST 1999
# torsten@pulsar:~ $ date -d 'Sun May  2 16:20:49 CET 1999'
# Sun May  2 17:20:49 CEST 1999
#
# In fact, `hwclock' calls `date' to interpret the string passed (here is
# an extract from hwclock source ):
#
# ---------------------------QUOTING----------------------------------
#  Interpret the value of the --date option, which is something like
#  "13:05:01".  In fact, it can be any of the myriad ASCII strings that specify
#  a time which the "date" program can understand.  The date option value in
#  question is our "dateopt" argument.
#
#  We use the "date" program to interpret the date string.  "date" must be
#  runnable by issuing the command "date" to the /bin/sh shell.  That means
# -------------------------END QUOTING--------------------------------
#
# and the problem is that `CEST' is not defined for date as a DST Timezone
# item.
# To obtain the right date, one must use : 'Sun May 2 16:20:49 CET DST 1999'.

thank

--
Thierry LARONDE
thierry.laronde@polynum.com