Re: Mandelspawn under GPL1

On Mon, Oct 11, 1999 at 08:54:23PM +0200, Milan Zamazal wrote:
>     SV> And of course, the second yes takes precedence over the first
>     SV> one :-) It will be better that you ask the author to switch to
>     SV> GPL2 before including GPL1 in copyright file.
>
> Why one should ask the author about switching?  One of my packages is
> under GPL1, but I never thought about it being a problem.  Could someone
> elaborate, what's the problem?

There is no "problem". GPL version 2 is a newer version of GPL version 1.
As such, it should have enhancements. The GNU people, and just about
everyone else in the Free Software world uses GPL version 2.

My people have an old saying, "kud svi Turci, tud i mali Mujo", meaning
"where all the Turks go, little boy Muhammed goes, too"[1] :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name

[1] sincerely hoping any Turkish readers won't take that in offence... it's
just an old saying.