Re: Release critical bugs and QA

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 02:42:08PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> > and we have a bunch of release
> > critical bugs I think we (the qa-team) should put some work into it. I think,
> > the best way to coordinate this, is a weekly meating on irc.debian.org. I
> > propose we open a new channel #debian-qa for this.

> #debian-devel is not too crowded too...

Well the advantage would be that many developers will read about what we
talk and could step in and help us. The disadvantage is in my opionion
that this will lead to endless discussion without solving the real
problems. So I think a new channel would be better for this and if we
need more help on a problem  we can move it to debian-devel.

> > The problem we have to cope with is the time shift but I do not know how
> > scattered the QA team is. I simply suggest meeting each Friday at 20:00 UTC.
> > That would suit me well. If anybody does not have the time to be there at this
> > time please follow up and tell us when you have the time ;)

> The idea is okay, something like the bug-squashing parties that were held
> before? The time is okay for the Europeans (though some people may be too
> tired to do anything after a busy week), what about other continents?
> We should arrange it to be held for the whole night/afternoon, so that
> other people can join in whenever it suits them.

Well this would be good, as the telefon-costs here in germany are high
and most of the users have dialup-connections. So our telefon company
would earn a lot more money if we choose a time earlier than 20:00 UTC.
So I would recommend the idea from Josip as it allows me to lower my
telefon-costs.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                                  Debian Developer *
*                 http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/             *
*     Use Debian - the only free Operating System for your PC      *