Re: Release critical bugs and QA

On Sat, May 15, 1999 at 02:42:08PM +0200, Torsten Landschoff wrote:
> As we are moving towards release of potato

Just a nitpick: be careful about wording of this - people (innocent lurkers)
who read these lists and are not familiar with our methods fof releasing
distros (which are, for that matter, very odd to outsiders ;), will start
thinking how we're going to release potato RSN. And that is surely not
going to happen, so let's avoid causing FUD if we can...

> and we have a bunch of release
> critical bugs I think we (the qa-team) should put some work into it. I think,
> the best way to coordinate this, is a weekly meating on irc.debian.org. I
> propose we open a new channel #debian-qa for this.

#debian-devel is not too crowded too...

> The problem we have to cope with is the time shift but I do not know how
> scattered the QA team is. I simply suggest meeting each Friday at 20:00 UTC.
> That would suit me well. If anybody does not have the time to be there at this
> time please follow up and tell us when you have the time ;)

The idea is okay, something like the bug-squashing parties that were held
before? The time is okay for the Europeans (though some people may be too
tired to do anything after a busy week), what about other continents?
We should arrange it to be held for the whole night/afternoon, so that
other people can join in whenever it suits them.