Re: upstream bug fixes to procps

On Sun, Apr 18, 1999 at 12:13:16AM -0400, Albert D. Cahalan wrote:
> I'm the author of the "ps" program. I notice that your procps maintainer
> does not seem to get email that I send. (he may be busy -- I don't know)
> There have been many fixes to the procps package, but you still seem to
> have a buggy old version according to the bug database you have on the web.

Craig Small is around, but maybe he's just busy and didn't answer your
e-mail. See http://packages.debian.org/procps , follow the links, and
you'll see that he uploaded version 2.0 this month.

> BTW, it is highly likely that your /bin/kill program is in violation
> of the appropriate standards. I supply an alternative with procps that
> you might want to consider using instead.

Debian uses /bin/kill from our BSD utilities package (bsdutils) [1].
If you would be kind to provide details on this, we could file a
bug report and resolve it properly (by starting to use procps' kill).
Thanks.

[1] Source for which can be found at:
ftp://ftp.debian.org/dists/slink/main/source/base/bsdutils_4.4.1.1.tar.gz