Re: Signature for QA?

Josip Rodin <joy@cibalia.gkvk.hr> wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 11:23:49AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > as a member of the QA-Team I had the idea about a unique signature,
> > which is only be used by the members of the QA-Team. So when we contact
> > maintainers, they would know, who where are and why we are contacting
> > them. I think, that this would make the QA-work easier than now.
> > Opinions?

> Unique PGP/GPG signature? That would mean we'd all have to share
> the ring files for PGP/GPG... Anyhow, I don't need a signed message
> to ask someone to do a NMU.

No, I don't thought of PGP/GPG for this only about a signature, that
tells the maintainer, that the person, who contaced him works in the
QA-Team and contacts him, because there's a problem with his package. I
think, that this would make it easier for the other maintainers to see,
who contacts them. And I don't thought this only for asking about NMUs.
Instead I meant this for every mail, that you as a member of the
QA-Team, write to a maintainer to fix or discuss a bug. Opinions?

Ciao
     Christian
--
Well, O.K.  I'll compromise with my principles because of EXISTENTIAL DESPAIR!
/* http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/                Christian Kurz */