Re: Signature for QA?

On Wed, Mar 31, 1999 at 11:23:49AM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> as a member of the QA-Team I had the idea about a unique signature,
> which is only be used by the members of the QA-Team. So when we contact
> maintainers, they would know, who where are and why we are contacting
> them. I think, that this would make the QA-work easier than now.
> Opinions?

I've never had to say `I'm from debian-qa' when I've tried fixing bugs,
or asked if maintainers would like me to do an NMU, and my own key is
good enough when I'm actually uploading packages.

The only thing that's special about -qa people is that we're busybodies
who'd like to fix other peoples bugs. But just sending a message `Hi,
mind if I do an NMU' is probably more evidence of that than a valid PGP
signature is anyway.

Cheers,
aj