Please read: Re: HELP needed for lavaps bugs.

Hi Tommi, *

[Note: I am not a native speaker but I think the spirit of this message will
be clear so read on...]

The first thing I want to say: I am missing posts like the one I am replying
to. Debian does not seem to be much of a community anymore, everybody is
working on his packages and perhaps doing something on the mailing lists
but it is very unusual to ask for help.

So we don't see the problems of the individual maintainers and that is bad.
I once read in a book that a good friend is somebody who dares to call you
at midnight to ask you for help. Thinking about this this seems to be a
good definition of friendship. I have only a few friends who will do that.

As we, the Debian developers, should be a community, each developer should be
a kind of friend to each other me thinks. So I guess we should start to
become good friends and rely on other maintainers. Think about it!

On Fri, Dec 17, 1999 at 10:23:20PM +0200, Tommi Virtanen wrote:
> # Lavaps has some serious bugs. I do not feel it is ready for release.
> # I am upping their severity; the whole package can be removed from
> # potato if these bugs are not fixed -- don't let them hold up the
> # release.

Agreed - this package is not important enough to hold up the release.

> # These bugs seem to need more time to fix than I have. This is a
> # public cry for help. Please help me. (And sorry for the cross-posting)

I am trying, but I guess there is not much I can do. lavaps does not
exhibit the memory leak on my system and I don't expect Xerox to adjust
the license of tcl2cc. Perhaps upstream could use another tool for it?

Anyway, I am now requesting the bug logs from the BTS and trying to do
something about them...

Thanks
    Torsten

--
Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torsten@debian.org>
           Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Commitee Member