Re: Release-critical bug inventory

On 99-12-12 Richard Braakman wrote:
> Greetings.  The code freeze is almost upon us (34 days to go), and it's
> past time to take stock of the remaining release-critical bugs.
> Unfortunately there are too many of them for me to keep track of them
> all in detail, so I'm collecting summarized information.

What about the followning idea, which I discussed with Thorsten
Landschoff: He wanted to create a bot which should help at the next
bug-squashing-party. We could set up a new party for bug-squashing, but
this time, use the bot as help and let the work get coordinate by our
release-manager, you, and two helpers from the QA-comittee. So we could
make sure, that every bug gets only processed once and also done,
because we have the bot for rememebering who is working on which bug.

> I'm interested in any comments you may have regarding this bug, but
> in particular I would like answers to the following questions:

>  - Is this bug truly release-critical?
>  - Do you have an estimated time for fixing this bug?  Do you need help?
>  - Will you mind if a non-maintainer upload is done to fix this bug?

Much work and I think this is still a lot of work for the QA-Team.

Ciao
     Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*               Use Debian - a free Operating System               *