Re: Bugs in packages maintained by Debian QA Group

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 04:50:23PM +0200, Bart Schuller wrote:
> No, it means that if you want to edit a text file (unicode text in
> this case), then a text editor is more comfortable than "cat".
>
> If you want to use "cat" then you will only be able to use the input
> method provided by X and the terminal you're using. With yudit the
> input methods are very configurable, you can use "u1234" for a unicode
> character by number, use SGML entities, digraphs, whatever.
>
> But by all means, try them all out. I just thought the 9* commands
> felt "strange".

9term emulates a printer: if you want to edit in a 9term you must use
editor such as ed, ex, or sam -d.  9term is dead simple, you can't mess
it up with escape sequences and most control characters are considered
displayable (9term treats backspace and linefeed specially, and that's
it).  Mostly when I've used 9term it's just been a place to start other
programs from that open their own windows.

--
Raul