Re: Bugs in packages maintained by Debian QA Group

On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 10:31:41AM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 05, 1999 at 09:19:04PM -0400, Raul Miller wrote:
> > > Like, how can I use cat to put a 2 x 2 in a file (using the unicode
> > > multiplication symbol in place of x)?
>
> On Wed, Oct 06, 1999 at 02:37:47PM +0200, Bart Schuller wrote:
> > That is easier done using the Unicode text editor "yudit".
>
> Does that mean that 9term isn't useful in this context?

No, it means that if you want to edit a text file (unicode text in this
case), then a text editor is more comfortable than "cat".

If you want to use "cat" then you will only be able to use the input
method provided by X and the terminal you're using. With yudit the input
methods are very configurable, you can use "u1234" for a unicode
character by number, use SGML entities, digraphs, whatever.

But by all means, try them all out. I just thought the 9* commands felt
"strange".

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed