Re: introduction

On 99-07-23 David Coe wrote:
> There's little more I can do there before I become an official
> developer, so I went looking for release-critical bugs to
> investigate, and followed up on a few easy ones.

Hey, that was a very good idea. Maybe you could help to close some or
fix some of them.

> I've been an avid Debian fanatic since "bo", and was a Slackware
> user before that.  I've some experience with C, none with C++,
> lots of python, little perl, have compiled or built a few
> debian packages, have installed about ten debian systems
> (only i386 architecture).

Well, with your described knowdledge you would be not only a good
developer but also a goo help for the QA-Team. So hopefully we can
convince you to help us more. But for now it's very important that we,
the QA-Team, go throught the BTS and look for open bugs. Then try to
reproduce them or find the bug in the source and then fix it. So the
most important task of QA is fixing the Bugs, so that the bug number
will be decreased.

Cheers
       Christian
* Christian Kurz                          Debian Developer/QA-Team *
*         Use Debian - a free Operating System for your PC         *