Re: Another job for the QA team

On Mon, Apr 12, 1999 at 09:59:29PM +0200, Martin Schulze wrote:
> > have something to say, don't put press-enter after displaying the
> > information, but send the info to our FAQ maintainer for inclusion in
> > Debian FAQ.
>
> *cough* Is the FAQ maintained?  I haven't read it for a looooooooooooong
> time.
>
> finlandia!joey(tty6):~> l /pub/debian/doc/FAQ/index.html
> -r--r--r--   2 ftpadmin ftpadmin    14550 Jan 28 10:12 /pub/debian/doc/FAQ/index.html
>
> Hmm, maintained is not exactly what I would call this...

doc-debian (1.9.3) frozen unstable; urgency=medium

  * Changed info to become a developer (Bug #30964).
    Now it simply refers to the developers-reference.
  * Refer to the appropriate web page for the list of CD-vendors.
  * Discourage the use of the cdrom dselect access method.
  * Mention the http://cdimage.debian.org/ site.
  * Refreshed doc directory from ftp.debian.org.
  * Fixed and enhanced a lot of minor things.

 -- Santiago Vila <sanvila@ctv.es>  Mon, 25 Jan 1999 20:00:47 +0100

The date in ftp.debian.org's file is 25 January 1999.
That is not really that bad.

> But you're probably right.  It should also appear in a readme file
> in /usr/doc/<pkg name> which is the place where I would look for
> additional information - which is also stated in the policy.

Yes, README.Debian is the usual place.

> > There should be something in the Policy about not putting unusable
> > or not set up correctly by default configuration files in the package?
>
> Yes.  If not, contact the policy group.

I'll search in policy for this topic when I have time...