Re: Bugs difficult to fix (was RE: Signature for QA?)

On Tue, 6 Apr 1999, Anthony Towns wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 01:06:37PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> > On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 arto.astala@nokia.com wrote:
> > > 1. Package writer is right.
> > > 2. Even when he is not right, paragraph 1. is applied.
> > This is great!
>
> Of course, this neglects:
>
> a. The user is right.
> b. Even when the user isn't right, (a) applies.
>
> > May I close the infamous pine base64 bug, then?
> > I *don't* think it is a bug, upstream authors do *not* think it is a bug
> > either, but I was *forced* to keep it open.
>
> It also seems a perfectly reasonable feature request, and hence a perfectly
> reasonable wishlist bug report. [...]

Well, but the problem is: Who decides what is "reasonable"?

Should a maintainer keep in the bug database *every* wishlist bug?

[ Yes, some day someone should make a serious proposal about managing bug
reports ].

Thanks.

--
 "a1f63aa500773b83fba2d136d90c02c6" (a truly random sig)