Re: Bugs difficult to fix (was RE: Signature for QA?)

I'm not to sure that subject's an accurate summary of the atp bug -- it's
name is a personal issue (which, from looking at the bug report you don't
have a problem with), and changing it doesn't particularly improve the
program in any way.

OTOH, I'd consider correcting the manpage to properly reflect what the
program does to be more than reasonable as a wishlist bug report.

But in either case, it doesn't seem like it'd be a particularly tricky
bug to fix.

Note that I've been excluding wishlist bugs from my oldbugs list, and the
non-wishlist bugs graph because I don't think they're really the most
relevant bugs to be squashing. Often they're more fun than the others,
but having a whole bunch of wishlist bugs isn't anything to feel guilty
or worried about.

On Tue, Apr 06, 1999 at 01:06:37PM +0200, Santiago Vila wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Apr 1999 arto.astala@nokia.com wrote:
> > 1. Package writer is right.
> > 2. Even when he is not right, paragraph 1. is applied.
> This is great!

Of course, this neglects:

a. The user is right.
b. Even when the user isn't right, (a) applies.

> May I close the infamous pine base64 bug, then?
> I *don't* think it is a bug, upstream authors do *not* think it is a bug
> either, but I was *forced* to keep it open.

It also seems a perfectly reasonable feature request, and hence a perfectly
reasonable wishlist bug report. It's something that could be improved in
the future, which is like changing the documentation of a program, but
unlike changing it's name.

IMHO.

Cheers,
aj, who has fond recollections of Santiago giving him advice on how to use
    the BTS early last year when he was a complete newbie :)