Re: Bug in pgp 2.6.3

[Cc to the maintainer]

Martin Schulze <joey@finlandia.Infodrom.North.DE> wrote:
> Christian Kurz wrote:
> > there's a bug in pgp, which won't you let create a pgp-key until there's
> > a directory called .pgp. This bug is still there and as the maintainer
> > told me it has been abandoned from upstream. I looked at the source code
> > and this evil. Also there's the problem that the location of the

> If I remember correctly the reason for this is that the pgp authors
> want to force the pgp users to *read* the manual.  I second that this
> is a good idea.  People who are new to pgp have to read the manual
> to understand what asynchronous keys are, how signatures are dealt
> with and what they mean and to be careful with the passphrase.

Hm, that is a good idea, but then I would suggest that in the
postinst-script of pgp a message is printed, that says that you should
read the manual before you start using pgp. This would be better than
having the people not warned and producing them the error. Richard?

> If I were the pgp maintainer I would close the bug report with
> this message.

Well, let's see what the maintainer says to this suggestion, I find it
good, but would expand it a little.

Ciao
     Christian
--
Nobody can be as agreeable as an uninvited guest.
/* http://www.rhein-neckar.de/~jupiter/                Christian Kurz */