Re: Bug in pgp 2.6.3

Christian Kurz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> there's a bug in pgp, which won't you let create a pgp-key until there's
> a directory called .pgp. This bug is still there and as the maintainer
> told me it has been abandoned from upstream. I looked at the source code
> and this evil. Also there's the problem that the location of the

If I remember correctly the reason for this is that the pgp authors
want to force the pgp users to *read* the manual.  I second that this
is a good idea.  People who are new to pgp have to read the manual
to understand what asynchronous keys are, how signatures are dealt
with and what they mean and to be careful with the passphrase.

If I were the pgp maintainer I would close the bug report with
this message.

Regards,

	Joey

--
Whenever you meet yourself you're in a time loop or in front of a mirror.