Re: withdrawn package

On Sat, 27 Feb 1999, Pierre Adriaans wrote:

> I'm the author of Pash, a full screen shell for Unix. I just found out the
> package had been withdrawn from distribution and needs a new maintainer.
> Christoph Lameter was the original maintainer (he contacted me to include
> Pash in thr Debian distribution).
>
> I dont know why the package was dropped. May be Christoph is not a
> maintainer anymore. In any event, I can become the package's maintainer to
> have it included in the distribution again. Let me know what you decide.

I'm not quite sure, since this happened a long time ago, but I think
Christoph decided to orphan it because pash's licence was not compatible
with the Debian Free Software Guidelines (See
http://www.debian.org/social_contract#guidelines)
This doesn't mean that it cannot be packaged, but it means it has to go in
the non-free section.

	Cordialement,

--
- Vincent RENARDIAS  vincent@{{ldsol,pipo}.com,{debian,openhardware}.org} -