Re: Hello, glad to meet ya.

> I strongly disagree on this point: Bugs must _not_ be documented; they
> must be _fixed_! (We are Debian, not Microsoft ;).
of course... but some bugs must be fixed before others (i'm assuming we
don't have 6000 people on this list, or it wouldn't be half so quiet :)) and
the ones that i think are the worst to live with are the ones in install.

> Also, you install once (usually takes no more than 1 hour) and you keep
sadly, installing took me a -lot- longer than an hour. partly because i
insisted on looking at all the packages myself (i'm like that, see my post
to devel on profiles) but partly because a couple install things (mainly due
to dselect's use of -iGROEB) were broken and i had to run the install step a
few times in a row. which reminds me that dselect's install  off a hamm main
cd takes a *long* time even if nothing actually gets installed. that needs
fixing.

and on documenting bugs: it needs to be done. it can be done, usually in a
matter of minutes, as soon as the bug is found; fixing the bug can take a
week and won't start until there's someone not working on all the other
bugs. i'm always happier (or at least slightly less frustratedwhen i find a
bug and see that at least it's known about and will be fixed soon (one
hopes) then when i run into a wall and don't even know whose fault it is --
mine or the package's.

--phouchg