Re: Hello, glad to meet ya.

On Sat, Jan 30, 1999 at 09:47:09PM -0500, Jonathan P Tomer wrote:
> > Should we start going through the lintian bugs, and start harassing (err,
> > sending patches to) the maintainers of some of the packages with easily
> > fixed lintian bugs?
> ooc, what's lintian? sorry... i'm new.

$ dpkg -s lintian
Package: lintian
 Lintian dissects Debian packages and reports bugs and policy
 violations. It contains automated checks for many aspects of Debian
 policy as well as some checks for common errors.

See also http://www.debian.org/lintian/ . (there are currently 2822
lintian errors, and 5840 lintian warnings against debs in the archive)

Cheers,
aj