Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

> > egcc              17768  libc6 bug in mathematical functions [114]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)
>
> Fixing this bug exceeds my capabilities. I have send a message to the
> egcs-bugs list asking them to look into the current reports, but have
> received no responses.

Would it be possible to remove "-force-mem" from the list of optimizations
done by "-O2"?

> The bug only occurs with optimisation enabled, so it can be worked around.
> egcc is the secondary compiler on the architectures for which hamm will be
> released (i386 and m68k AFAIK). Personally, I don't think this bug should
> delay the release of hamm as 2.0. Brian, please consider downgrading this to
> Severity: normal .

It wouldn't delay the release...  the package would be removed (ala the
posting I made last Friday).

> > ftp.debian.org    22390  Please move slink gcc packages to frozen [15]  (Guy Maor <ftpmaster@debian.org>)
>
> This will be obsoleted when 2.7.2.3-4.3 will be accepted into frozen.

The changelog says "should fix #22292".  Are you not sure it does?

                                          Brian
                                 ( bcwhite@verisim.com )