Re: List of bugs that *must* be fixed before releasing Hamm

> egcc              17768  libc6 bug in mathematical functions [114]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

Fixing this bug exceeds my capabilities. I have send a message to the
egcs-bugs list asking them to look into the current reports, but have
received no responses.

The bug only occurs with optimisation enabled, so it can be worked around.
egcc is the secondary compiler on the architectures for which hamm will be
released (i386 and m68k AFAIK). Personally, I don't think this bug should
delay the release of hamm as 2.0. Brian, please consider downgrading this to
Severity: normal .

> ftp.debian.org    22390  Please move slink gcc packages to frozen [15]  (Guy Maor <ftpmaster@debian.org>)

This will be obsoleted when 2.7.2.3-4.3 will be accepted into frozen.

> gcc               19453  altgcc still vulnerable to /tmp symlink attack. [79]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

This affects all our gcc-based compilers. I've fixed it for egcc in
1.0.3-0.2 ; a similar fix ought to work for gcc and altgcc too.

I have indications that this will be fixed in egcs 1.1, but the precise
nature of the fix the egcs developers will choose is as yet unclear.

> gcc               22292  CRITICAL: gcc 2.7.2.3-4 miscompiles libc6 2.0.7pre3-1 [18]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

This is hopefully fixed in 2.7.2.3-4.3 which I just uploaded.

> gobjc             22829  gobjc needs dependency on egcc [0]  (Galen Hazelwood <galenh@micron.net>)

This is fixed in 1.0.3a-0.2 .

Greetings,
Ray
--
J.H.M. Dassen                 | RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may
jdassen@wi.LeidenUniv.nl      | not be a better one than the one the blocks