Re: debian-qa-private list, web pages on QA

On Thu, Nov 04, 1999 at 11:55:29PM +0100, Raphael Hertzog wrote:
> > > You might be subscribed to it :)
> >
> > BTW am I wrong, or is this list (on the web site) wrong:
>
> Vincent is not moderator of debian-qa-private and as such not yet
                 ~~~~~~~~~
ITYM subscriber? Or is this a read-only list for some, and read-write for
the committee members?

> a member of the QA committee. But if he wants to join, I have no
> problem. The only things to do are :
> - to add his email in /org/qa.debian.org/mail/.forward-committee
> - to add his key(s) in /org/qa.debian.org/ctte.gpg

I see.

> > Most of us committee people are in the core team, too.
>
> That's implicit. :-)

Is it? I'll have to reread your new QA policy doc...

> > IMHO, all this should be separated in another page. Which would be easier
> > to maintain...
>
> Feel free to do it. :)

So I shall, thanks for the permission :)

> > Yeah, I found out myself that it is... however, I can edit the files,
> > but I can't propagate the WML changes to HTML, because of this:
> >
> > [pandora:wml]$ ./update.sh
> > ePerl:Error: Perl runtime error (interpreter rc=255)
>
> Don't worry, the script is run twice an hour with the good rights. So your
> changes will be propagated.

I reckon'd that'd be the case, but I wanted to update them instantly.

> > Uh? :)
>
> That does simply mean that you don't have write access to the qa database
> (in Postgresql). I can't add you, I don't have the right to add postgre
> user, only the admins can.

But why does the WML write to the database?! It would be more logical if
it was the other way around.

Anyway, I'll ask the admins to give me that access so I can update the web
pages when I want :)

--
enJoy -*/\*- don't even try to pronounce my first name