Re: Release-critical Bugreport for November 5, 1999

At Sun, 7 Nov 1999 13:11:19 +0100,
Christian Kurz <shorty@debian.org> wrote:

> >   Package: emacsen-common (main)
> >   Maintainer: Rob Browning <rlb@cs.utexas.edu>
> >     48681  gettext: can not install gettext on a new potato system
>
> > This one I need to look in to.  It may be a real bug, or it may be
> > another "problem with add-on package" that gets reported as an emacs
> > bug.  I'll check.
>
> If you need some help, then just contact the debian-qa-team to which I
> send a Cc of this email and we'll try to help you.

/var/lib/emacsen-common/installed-flavors seems to be created at
emacsen-common.postinst, so if some emacs add-on packages are
configured while emacsen-common is unpack state, that is,
after emacsen-common is unpacked and before emacsen-common is configured,
we get this bug, I think.

It could be fixed if /usr/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-{install,remove}
exit normally when /var/lib/emacsen-common/installed-flavors does not
exists or create this file.

Best regards,
Fumitoshi UKAI