Re: Updating pygccxml

El Dilluns, 12 de setembre de 2016, a les 13:30:46, Mattia Rizzolo va
escriure:
> On Mon, Sep 12, 2016 at 03:16:14PM +0200, Leopold Palomo-Avellaneda wrote:
> > > first of all, you haven't pushed pristine-tar data.
> > > Given that you already imported the new source, now you'll have to
> > >
> > > manually call pristine-tar this way:
> > >     pristine-tar commit ../pygccxml_1.8.0.orig.tar.gz upstream/1.8.0
> > >
> > > except that you also didn't push the upstream tag, so that command won't
> > > work either (unless you have the tag locally, as I think you do).
> >
> > Yes, you are right. Sorry. It's done now.
>
> pygccxml_1.8.0.orig.tar.xz
>
> Though upstream doesn't distribute .xz, but only gz.  Nonetheless the
> content is the same.
> Care to share what you did to get that, and why?

with uscan, I have:

uscan --verbose --force-download --repack --compress xz

it's something that I saw in debian science group and I like it

> The space gain is of
> 281160 bytes, hardly something anybody can notice these days (and I
> usually prefer to use upstream-provided tarballs).

yes, but we have more than 10K source packages, so ... think that many times
we repacked because there are Exclude files in the copyright file.

> > Done, the only thing that I don't like is that we have an extra comma at
> > the end of each field that has commas as separators.
>
> somebody calls that a feature :)

:-D

> > > Last, since yesterday we have a new debhelper compat level, I think it'd
> > > be good to update packages when possible, so please read the changes
> > > involved in debhelper(7), and bump the compat level to 10.
> >
> > I have done that but I have undo. I work mostly with stable and backports.
> > I'm lintian complains that I needed to bumb debhelper. And I would like
> > to maintain a backward compatibility. debhelper 10 doesn't offer nothing
> > interesting for this package. At least IMHO. Please, don't make me change
> > this, it's not needed.
>
> ok..
> I suppose that's just me being too pushy for very new stuff ^^
> debhelper 10 is most probably going to be in jessie-backports (that was
> the original aim, but I've just been told there might be complications).

Thanks Mattia,

Leopold

Linux User 152692     GPG: 05F4A7A949A2D9AA
Catalonia