Subject: Motif
Date: Sat, 6 Apr 2013 00:59:59 +0200
From: Luca Falavigna <dktrkranz@debian.org>
To: Paul Gevers <elbrus@debian.org>

Hi!

I saw on the IRC logs you pinged me, but unfortunately I wasn't
online, so I'm writing you by mail :)

There's a nasty bug in dak, which prevents accepting a package if
components are already available in a different section, as happened
with motif, which shares libmotif-dev and libmotif4 with openmotif
package.

The workaround for this bug would require removing openmotif from
unstable, and immediately upload motiv. This is not advisable right
now because that would also trigger an automatic removal from Wheezy
for openmotif because it has no reverse (build-)dependencies.

The best solution at this point would be the following, IMO:
1) Upload motif in Ubuntu (with 0ubuntu1 as revision)
2) Have the override entries for motif deleted
3) Reupload motif in NEW
4) Wait for Wheezy to be released (very soon!)
5) Remove openmotif and immediately accept motif

I'll take care of 2) myself, and I'm going to inform you about the
time you can reupload motif again.

Cheers,
Luca