Re: gecko-mediaplayer maintenance

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 06:05, Julien Lavergne
<julien.lavergne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Le 10/17/2011 07:15 AM, Aron Xu a écrit :
>> I'd love to see someone becomes the maintainer of gecko-mediaplayer package!
>>
>> The package has been orphaned for some time, and I feel don't have
>> enough motion to "maintain" it. I am an ordinary user of
>> gnome-mplayer, but not gecko-mediaplayer. It appears that the two
>> packages have very close relation, so I tried to prepare uploads for
>> the latter one after I took over gnome-mplayer. There are several
>> important bugs to deal with, and I can help if you need any assistance
>> (i.e. sponsoring and giving advices).
> I'm quite short in time to fully maintain another package. I'm also not
> a usual user of gecko-mediaplayer, just trying to maintaining in Ubuntu.
> But, I'll be happy to make my changes in Debian instead of Ubuntu (I
> have no benefit to keep them in Ubuntu). Eventually, we can publish the
> packaging in a svn or a git tree in collab-maint and maintain it
> together their ?
>
> Regards,
> Julien Lavergne

I just imported all history of gecko-mediaplayer to a Git repository.
Here it is:
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=collab-maint/gecko-mediaplayer.git

Would you like to be the person in "Maintainer" filed, or ask Debian
Multimedia team and put this package under it's umbrella? If
gecko-mediaplayer get moved to Multimedia team's repository, I'll move
gnome-mplayer, too.

--
Regards,
Aron Xu