Re: Please fix your packages ;)

Hi,

On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 06:45:11PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 09:56:00AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > # For the last 4 packages, please check bug #557604.
> > # For the other packages, only a "binNMU" is necessary.
> > # (except that real binNMUs are not supported on arch:all packages)
>
> It's not at all clear to me what people are expected to do.
>
> As I understand it, the following things need to happen after
> to get this fixed:
> 1) Old mozilla (xx-YY) symlinks removed.  We should only have
>    xx_YY symlinks.

Yes.

> 2) Some thing that will change the sorting of languages.  I'm
>    not sure how that is going to happen.  (That's what the bug
>    that was cloned was about.)

I think that was a ice*-specific part

> What I think should not happen yet:
> 3) Remove the symlinks /usr/share/myspell/dicts.  Or can we
>    drop them now too?  And does that mean dropping the xx-YY
>    symlinks in there or not?

I'd have liked to start removing those, but I fear the time
to the freeze is too short to go and wait for maintainers not doing
that and to do NMUS. And I'd have squeeze either have them or not
on all packages for consistency :-)

> I understand that for some packages the only thing that needs
> to happen is just rebuilding it, but atleast the myspell-nl/dutch
> package is not in the list of the "4 last", and does require
> changes to not set up those symlinks.

Yeah, that#s what I meant in my reply with "I know some packages
which have the stuff hardcoded". Actually most of the packages I did
or "fixed" fall into that, as when dictionaries-common-dev didn't do
what it s hould have done I didn't bother to debug that and just hardcoded
it

Grüße/Regards,

René
--
 .''`.  René Engelhard -- Debian GNU/Linux Developer
 `. `'  rene@debian.org | GnuPG-Key ID: D03E3E70