Re: Please fix your packages ;)
- To: Kurt Roeckx <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: Please fix your packages ;)
- From: Mike Hommey <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 18:53:29 +0100
- Message-id: <20100125175329.GA17406@glandium.org>
- In-reply-to: <20100125174511.GA6000@roeckx.be>
- References: <20100125085600.GA6878@glandium.org> <20100125174511.GA6000@roeckx.be>
On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 06:45:11PM +0100, Kurt Roeckx wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 25, 2010 at 09:56:00AM +0100, Mike Hommey wrote:
> > # For the last 4 packages, please check bug #557604.
> > # For the other packages, only a "binNMU" is necessary.
> > # (except that real binNMUs are not supported on arch:all packages)
> It's not at all clear to me what people are expected to do.
> As I understand it, the following things need to happen after
> to get this fixed:
> 1) Old mozilla (xx-YY) symlinks removed. We should only have
> xx_YY symlinks.
> 2) Some thing that will change the sorting of languages. I'm
> not sure how that is going to happen. (That's what the bug
> that was cloned was about.)
> What I think should not happen yet:
> 3) Remove the symlinks /usr/share/myspell/dicts. Or can we
> drop them now too? And does that mean dropping the xx-YY
> symlinks in there or not?
> I understand that for some packages the only thing that needs
> to happen is just rebuilding it, but atleast the myspell-nl/dutch
> package is not in the list of the "4 last", and does require
> changes to not set up those symlinks.
Normally, dictionary-common-dev, which you depend on, creates the proper
symlinks, and the latest version doesn't create the xx-YY symlinks in