Re: Impending upload of libclamav4

On Sunday 27 April 2008 17:11, Stephen Gran wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm writing you all to let you know that the impending upload of
> clamav to unstable and volatile will likely break your packages.  There
> are a number of changes which force me to take the unfortunate step of
> making libclamav4 not coinstallable with libclamav3 and earlier.  This
> means that the clamav suite will not be coinstallable with your
> packages, so I'm giving everyone a heads up to try to coordinate.
>
> If you want help with forward porting or a sneak look at the packages
> before they clear NEW, let me know and I'll do what I can.  Note that
> I'm also going to upload this to volatile in some form, so changes will
> be needed for those of you with versions in stable that link to either
> libclamav2 or libclamav3.  List of packages below.

For Debian, I test built klamav against the new clamav and it FTBFS.  Fedora
had a patch that at least lets it build.  For Ubuntu I also built all the
others that exist in Ubuntu (all less clamcour and sylpheed-claws) and they
all FTBFS, so I expect they'll all need patching due to the changes in
clamav.  The errors were all similar to:

error: 'struct cl_limits' has no member named 'maxratio'

I can provide links to Ubuntu i386 or amd64 build logs if anyone is
interested.  The Fedora patch for klamav can be found at:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/download.php?group_id=102171&atid=631226&file_id=276298&aid=1954269

if anyone wants it for reference.  Since Fedora 9 is close to release with
clamav 0.93, I'd expect they have patches for other packages that they
support, but I only looked at klamav

Scott K