[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Bug#348698: marked as done (ifplugd: does not correctly run if-up / if-down when network links go up / down)

Your message dated Sun, 10 Feb 2008 23:52:02 +0530
with message-id <20080210182201.GX13954@loktak.appaji.net>
and subject line Information update
has caused the attached Bug report to be marked as done.

This means that you claim that the problem has been dealt with.
If this is not the case it is now your responsibility to reopen the
Bug report if necessary, and/or fix the problem forthwith.

(NB: If you are a system administrator and have no idea what I am
talking about this indicates a serious mail system misconfiguration
somewhere.  Please contact me immediately.)

Debian bug tracking system administrator
(administrator, Debian Bugs database)

--- Begin Message ---
Package: ifplugd
Version: 0.26-2.1
Severity: important

If have a laptop with 2 network interfaces: eth0 (realtek Ethernet), 
and eth1 (ipw2200). 

I dist-upgraded from sarge to testing (etch). Everything seemed to work right 
after upgrade. Then, I installed ifplugd.

After several trials, I have configured ifplugd to manage eth0 eth1 as 
"HOTPLUG_INTERFACES". The reason is ifplugd cannot detect link beat for eth1 
(although the wireless network is properly configured, wpa_supplicant, etc...
may be that is another bug...). Interface eth0 is correctly detected if I use 
"INTERFACES", all this bug request comes from wanting eth1 to be detected.

I have also added the required "allow-hotplug eth0" "allow-hotplug eth1" lines 
to my /etc/network/interfaces.

Well, the point is with that if-up / if-down never get called when a link
goes up/down. In fact, they become "up" at boot time and remain in that state 
unless I directly perform if-up / if-down. Link beats get correctly detected
though (now including eth1 --> that's why I want this "hotplug" config). 

If I configure eth0 to be in "INTERFACES" and eth1 to be in 
"HOTPLUG_INTERFACES" the problem remains, now only for eth1 (if-up / if-down 
never called on eth1).

I have read bug 334876, and it seems this may be related to that (I suspect 
ifplugd script for hotplug - now udev - never gets called). However, it seems
my current version of ifplugd includes patch to solve that bug?

Therefore, I have no clue about this behaviour. Any ideas?

-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
  APT prefers testing
  APT policy: (500, 'testing')
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell:  /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.12-1-686
Locale: LANG=es_ES@euro, LC_CTYPE=es_ES@euro (charmap=ISO-8859-15)

Versions of packages ifplugd depends on:
ii  debconf                       1.4.67     Debian configuration management sy
ii  libc6                         2.3.5-8    GNU C Library: Shared libraries an
ii  libdaemon0                    0.10-1     lightweight C library for daemons

Versions of packages ifplugd recommends:
ii  ifupdown                      0.6.7      high level tools to configure netw

-- debconf information:
* ifplugd/interfaces:
* ifplugd/hotplug_interfaces: eth0 eth1
* ifplugd/args: -q -f -u0 -d10 -w -I
* ifplugd/suspend_action: stop

--- End Message ---
--- Begin Message ---
On 06/03/10 00:32 +0100, Daniel Rodriguez Garcia said ...
> Now I must inform ifplugd works correctly for me (I only had problem
> with my eth1 wireless lan interface - ipw2200).


> Summarizing, I include my current configuration (which is working
> correctly):
> --- /etc/default/ifplugd:
> INTERFACES="eth0 eth1"
> ARGS="-q -f -u0 -d10 -w -I"
> ---
> --- /etc/default/wpasupplicant:
> DRIVER=wext
> CONFIG=/etc/wpa_supplicant.conf
> ---
> ^^ Note that the -w option is IMPORTANT

Y Giridhar Appaji Nag | http://www.appaji.net/

Attachment: signature.asc
Description: Digital signature

--- End Message ---

Reply to: