how to build tapiir

hi,
i am trying to build tapiir from sources, but not very successful.
i already contacted the developer m.d. boer, but it seems that he can not help me.

ok, running debian testing, automake 1.9, autoconf 2.13-57 and autoconf 2.60-1.

i downloaded the source(0.7.1) from debian and the .diff patch too.
unpacking the stuff, cd /tapiir-0.7.1/

cat path/to/the/.diff | patch -p1:

nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/tapiir/tapiir-0.7.1$ cat /home/nowhiskey/software/nove/tapiir/tapiir_0.7.1-8.diff | patch -p1
patching file aclocal.m4
patching file src/config.h.in
patching file src/GUI.cxx
patching file src/MTD.hxx
patching file src/alsaio.cxx
patching file src/jackio.cxx
patching file doc/Makefile.in
patching file doc/tapiir.1
patching file doc/examples/Makefile.in
patching file doc/images/Makefile.in
patching file doc/tapiir_jack.1
patching file doc/tapiir_alsa.1
patching file debian/Makefile.in
patching file debian/changelog
patching file debian/control
patching file debian/copyright
patching file debian/docs
patching file debian/rules
patching file debian/tapiir.menu
patching file debian/watch
patching file debian/tapiir.xpm
patching file fltk.m4
patching file alsa.m4
patching file header
nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/tapiir/tapiir-0.7.1$

than ./configure, the fltk stuff is found:

checking for FLTK CXXFLAGS...
checking for FLTK LDFLAGS...  -lfltk  -lX11 -lXext
checking for libfltk headers version >= 1.0.0... found.

than make:

checking for FLTK CXXFLAGS...
checking for FLTK LDFLAGS...  -lfltk  -lX11 -lXext
checking for libfltk headers version >= 1.0.0... not present.
configure: error: "missing fltk"
make: *** [config.status] Fehler 1
nowhiskey@murija2:~/software/nove/tapiir/tapiir-0.7.1$

it looks for me as configure is running again, and at this time, i get an error about fltk.
i have libfltk1.1-7 and libfltk-dev1.1-7 installed.

since i am a newbee, i really dont know what i am doing wrong or what i should do different.
perhaps one of you will know how i can solve this problem?
i decided to replace all the jackd dependent packages with a self-made ones, for being able to replace a jackd with the svn one.

i hope that i will find some help here,
cheers,
doc