Re: xcircuit 3.6.24-1 unusable on amd64

hi Tim,

On Wed, May 31, 2006 at 10:16:37AM -0700, R. Timothy Edwards wrote:
> I wasn't aware that the Debian package uses Xw.  I thought
> that the executable was compiled with Tcl/Tk, and assumes
> Tcl/Tk as a dependency for the package.

well, the original maintainer (which orphaned the package) built the package
with python support (which is afaik mutually exclusive to --with-tcl). I was
doing a QA upload to fix a few outstanding bugs and didn't know how many of the
people make use of this feature (you remember my mail about the broken python
interpreter on the xcircuit list a few weeks back), so i kept it like that.

bye,
    - michael