Re: [Haskelldb-users] haskelldb fails to build on debian-amd64

Roberto Pariset wrote:
Hello,
haskelldb fails to build from source on debian-amd64, with a lot of errors
like: " undefined reference to `stg_ap_p_ret' ", as shown at [1].
I have to say I have never heard of haskell before, so I was wondering if
you could give me any hint to fix it. A good starting point would be
pointing me where stg_ap_p_ret is defined, as I haven't been able to find
out (am I unable to use google?). All the best,
Roberto

PS. please include me in your replies, don't just mail the list!

[1]
http://amd64.ftbfs.de/fetch.php?&pkg=ghc6&ver=6.4.1-2&arch=amd64&stamp=1141531193&file=log&as=raw

Hi Roberto,

the log that you link to seems to be for the GHC build, not HaskellDB, and it doesn't seem to contain the error messages that you mention. I did find the HaskellDB log with the errors at:
http://amd64.ftbfs.de/fetch.php?&pkg=haskelldb&ver=0.9.cvs.601-9&arch=amd64&stamp=1142372938&file=log&as=raw

I think that the stg_ap_p_ret function belongs to the GHC run-time system, but I don't know what would cause the linker to not find it.

/Björn (HaskellDB maintainer)