Re: Proposal: Remove gutenbrowser from unstable & testing, and MIA its maintainer

On Sat, 4 Oct 2003, Nathanael Nerode wrote:

> So I suggest the following course of action:
> 1.  See if Viral actually exists anymore.  If not,...
> 2.  Mark him MIA/emeritus.
> 3.  Orphan all his packages and reassign to QA.
Fully ACK here.

> 4.  Remove gutenbrowser from testing.
> 5.  Consider removing gutenbrowser from unstable.
The reasons you have given for removing gutenbrowser from the project are
not very concrete.  As long there are no RC bugs I do not know why we should
remove the package (once it is moved to main and taken over by qa).  The problem
is that even the second hit of "apt-cache search Gutenberg reader" is in
a good shape and I think we should support our users with this kind of
software.

Kind regards

         Andreas.