Re: python devs complaining about debian packaging

Overall, I think that's quite reasonable, but I think I need to pick at the both sides way this is framed.

I don't recall anyone here suggesting that it's a problem is Python upstream wants to ship Python binaries.  While I think that there are issues with some of the upstream design choices, I understand why upstream packaging exists.  Debian leverages it to deliver our system.

I do find the common view upstream of distributions shipping anything Python as a problem to be super annoying.  Not you, to be clear.  I think you are one of the few people that does see both sides of the problem.

Personally, I've given up on any upstream interactions.  I don't need pointless hostility.  While there are technical concerns on both sides, socially I think the Python community isn't that interested in outside perspectives.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts,

Scott K